- This event has passed.
The Yogas of Living and Dying Retreat
November 21, 2019 - November 24, 2019
Life is filled with many opportunities, if only we know how to make best use of them. In this retreat we will explore the clear methods and practical approaches used in the Tibetan Tradition to take full advantage of this life. These methods include how to meditate, work with our dreams and how to prepare for death. Considering these methods will enable us to bring greater meaning to our short and long-term goals in this life and beyond.
Practical guidance and understanding of the Traditional Tibetan methods known as the Six Bardo states will be explored, the state of waking, dreaming, meditation, dying, Dharmata (the radiance of enlightenment) and becoming (the time between death and rebirth).
- Seizing the opportunity in life and death
- The cycle of life, death and rebirth
- Aspirations for future lives
- Recognising dreams as dreams
- The process of dying
- Directing ones consciousness at death
- Working with your dreams
- Aspiration for the future
- Preparing for a good death
Nestled in hundreds of acres of State and National forest the Maitripa Centre will provide the perfect space to contemplate life’s opportunities. Each participant on this retreat will have a private room allowing them to meditate in isolation when desired. Group sessions will be held in the meditation hall and meals will be served in the dining hall.
Please click the links below for more information
|Payment #1 (50%)||AU$210||Paid at registration|
|Payment #2 (50%)||AU$210||Paid at Check-in|
Methods of Payment
You can make payment via any of the following methods:
- Money Order: Please make payable to Tibetan Buddhist Rime Institute(can be posted to: 1584 Burwood Highway, Belgrave 3160 Victoria, Australia.
- Direct Debit: Tibetan Buddhist rime Institute Inc. Bank: ANZ. BSB: 013-479
Account: 4944-47223 (Please include your surname as a reference)
- Make the first payment of AU$210 using one of the methods described above.
- Fill out the following registration form making sure to include the reference information for your payment.
- Once we have confirmed the payment, we will contact you via email to confirm your registration
Retreat booking form: