How to Achieve the Golden Age of Shambhala
After more than three years of preparation and two years of intensive effort by Khentrul Rinpoché in collaboration with the Jonang monasteries in Tibet, his international students and a small group of dedicated artisans, we rejoice in the successful completion of the sublime statue of Kalachakra and Vishvamata in union.
This significant achievement is however only the first step in a much larger vision for how to cultivate the Kalachakra teachings in this world. Rinpoché now invites you to participate in this inspirational project by requesting your proposals for the construction of an International Kalachakra Retreat Centre that could provide a permanent home for this magnificent statue. With your help, the statue’s profound blessings will become a focal point for the spread of genuine peace and harmony.
Phase 1: Build a Kalachakra Statue to Inspire Awareness
For any meaningful transformation to occur, there needs to be a symbol for focusing our attention and catalysing our aspirations. It is for this reason that Rinpoché invested an enormous degree of energy to build the physical manifestation of Kalachakra.
This one-of-a-kind holy object was designed in strict adherence to the descriptions of the Kalachakra Tantra and is arguably the most authentic representation of Kalachakra’s enlightened body presently available in the world. It is an extraordinary manifestation that liberates the mind through merely seeing its symbolic shape.
While the statue’s outer form is indeed an inspiring sight to behold, inside, it is filled with thousands of holy relics gathered from diverse monasteries from each of the major traditions of Tibetan Buddhism. These holy objects include mystical relics formed spontaneously by the power of great masters; those made from the blood, bone and flesh of holy beings; sacred scrolls and manuscripts; ritual objects and holy substances; holy object made by great masters; and those collected from holy sites. Within this one statue are stored the combined blessings of more than two thousand years of spiritual accomplishment.
In addition, the statue is filled with over seven billion mantras, that were consecrated by approximately thirty monks who completed extensive ritual practices with the focus of cultivating genuine peace and harmony in the world. This combination of intensive practice and profound connections to the lineage masters of Tibetan Buddhism, make the statue a powerful force for the spiritual transformation of all who encounter it.
To learn more about the specific relics contained within this statue, please visit this page.
Phase 2: Create a Home for the Kalachakra Statue
It was always Rinpoché’s intention that this statue would form the centerpiece of an international retreat centre for the study and practice of the complete Kalachakra Path. Such a centre would provide a focal point for the formation and training of a new generation of Kalachakra practitioners, specifically dedicated towards cultivating peace and harmony in our personal experience and our relationships with family and communities at the local and global levels.
To this end, Rinpoché would like to announce an open call for proposals for potential sites around the globe where this centre could be built. We are looking for a dedicated individual or group of individuals who understand the Kalachakra Tantra’s capacity for overcoming our conflicts and wish to actively participate in creating the causes for its unified essence of wisdom and compassion to flourish in this world.
The following are just a few ways that you can get involved in this effort:
- Land: Identify a region or property that you think captures the essence of peace and harmony. The environment should be pristine, beautiful and surrounded by nature, capable of inspiring the mind and expanding awareness. Your proposal should include specifications of the main features of the land, including location, acreage, terrain, water sources and so forth.
- Community: Identify the surrounding communities in which the land is located. It is vital that this centre generate harmony and not conflict and therefore requires the support of those living in the area. Ideally, the land would be in reasonable proximity to an international airport and the local community would have some interest in Buddha-Dharma.
- Legal: You will need to investigate that there are no existing legal restrictions on the land or area that would prevent the construction of temples or holy monuments such as stupas and so forth. This means that there must be potential to work with the local government in order to realise the project.
- Finance: Establish a financial plan for how you intend to raise the money required to secure the land and develop its potential. If you already own the land or if you would like to personally finance the project, then please make clear your intention to offer your resources towards the project.
To indicate to us your interest in the project, please submit a letter of declaration that presents your aspirations and motivation for wanting to build a Kalachakra Retreat Centre. To help us gauge the interest within the community, it is preferable if you can send this letter before the end of March 2017.
You will then have until the end of August, 2017 to complete your proposal and submit it. Rinpoché will then evaluate the proposals and will select a course of action to take. Even if you are unable to prepare a detailed proposal, if you are able to clearly communicate your intention and your strategy for making it happen, then that is a good starting point. Obviously, the more time and effort you can put into the proposal will help Rinpoché make an informed decision. If your proposal is selected, then we will coordinate with you to send the statue to your location once an appropriate home has been built to receive it.
Please send your proposals to: email@example.com
If you would like to host the statue, please send us a proposal with the following information:
- History: Please provide us with a detailed description of the temple’s background history including how it was founded, how long has it been operating and who are the principal teachers associated with your organisation.
- Community: Please indicate the size of your present community and the potential reach that the statue could have if it was presented in your temple. How many people could potentially visit the statue?
- Financial Capacity: What resources could you pledge towards covering the costs of bringing the statue to your temple? Do you have ideas for how to sponsor this exhibition?
If your temple is selected, then we will coordinate with you to organise a number of events around the statue such as teachings on Shambhala and Kalachakra, Kalachakra empowerments and practice retreats. It is important that during the time that the statue resides in your temple that you take full advantage to maximise its blessings as much as possible.
Please send your proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this project, feel free to contact us.