Special Kalachakra Program for 2017
In celebration of the 34th Kalachakra Empowerment to be given by His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Khentrul Rinpoché Jamphel Lodrö and the Tibetan Buddhist Rimé Institute have organised an extraordinary series of activities for January 2017. With more than two hundred thousand devotees expected to participate, this event will surely be a very memorable and inspirational journey for all who attend.
Benefits of Participating:
- Receive extraordinary blessings for your spiritual practice. Bodhgaya is the seat of enlightenment and carries with it immeasurable blessings for all who make pilgrimage there. To amplify these blessings even more, students will have the opportunity to practice with the direct inspiration of a rare and unique Kalachakra Statue.
- Develop a connection with an authentic Kalachakra master. Throughout the event, Khentrul Rinpoché will be leading discussion sessions to clarify questions you may have.
- Clarify your understanding. Rinpoché will specifically be addressing confusion around the subjects of External, Internal and Enlightened Kalachakra, and how to clearly distinguish between the Emptiness of Self (Rangtong) and the Sublime Emptiness that is Empty of Other (Zhentong).
- Access specially designed materials. Every participant of the tour or retreat will receive a specially designed booklet to explain the details of the empowerments and the corresponding commitments.
- Learn how to practice Kalachakra. Rinpoché and his senior students will be guiding nightly practice sessions to help you develop first hand experience of this profound system.
January 03—14, 2017
For two weeks, His Holiness the Dalai Lama will perform preparatory rituals, give introductory teachings and bestow the Kalachakra Empowerments. In addition to these activities, we will be organising pilgrimage trips to nearby holy sites, study sessions to help you prepare for the empowerments and question and answer sessions with Khentrul Rinpoché.
January 16—23, 2017
In this retreat, you will have a rare opportunity to develop first-hand experience into the profound practices of the Kalachakra Generation Stage. For eight days, Khentrul Rinpoché and his senior students will guide you through the foundational practices of the Kalachakra Path, followed by extensive instructions for the visualisation practice of Innate Kalachakra with mantra recitation.
January 23—27, 2017
In this five-day meditation retreat, participants will receive empowerments and instructions for the unique dark-room practice known as the “Three Isolations”. This is an especially efficient way to develop the meditative state of single-pointed concentration (Shamatha). This retreat is reserved for serious practitioners with meditation experience.
These phenomenal teachings have been faithfully preserved in their entirety by the Jonang Tradition of Tibetan Buddhism. For hundreds of years the great Jonang masters have maintained an unbroken lineage of practice and realisation that only now is starting to emerge from Tibet. It is for this reason that these retreats represent an unbelievably rare and precious opportunity to connect with this great treasury of wisdom.
Making this program even more special is the fact that you will receive guidance from an authentic Jonang master in the English language, allowing you to extract the very essence of the teachings. In addition, Khentrul Rinpoché has worked tirelessly to prepare a wealth of study and practice materials so that you can engage with the transformative Path of Kalachakra in the most complete way possible.
Rinpoche brings a sharp and inquisitive mind to everything he does. His teachings are accessible and direct, often emphasising a very pragmatic sensibility. Over the years Rinpoche has authored a variety of books to guide his students and has specifically made great efforts to translate and provide commentary on texts which present the gradual stages of the Kalachakra Path.
Rinpoche has no doubt that our world has the potential to develop genuine peace and harmony while still preserving its environment and humanity. He believes this Golden Age of Shambhala is possible through the study and practice of the Kalachakra System. To this end, Rinpoche has begun travelling the world to share his knowledge of this unique lineage, free from sectarian bias.