Global Kalachakra Tour 2017
As his personal mission in life, Rinpoché is determined to create the conditions for the Kalachakra teachings to truly flourish in this world. For the last two years, Rinpoché has travelled to nearly twenty countries bestowing empowerments, giving introductory teachings and providing instructions for how to practice the Kalachakra Path. Encouraged by the excellent feedback from students and the formation of multiple groups of authentic practitioners, Rinpoché will continue his efforts into the coming year where he will focus his energy on the following three goals:
- Reveal the meaning behind the empowerment process: Due to the incredible efforts of masters such as His Holiness the Dalai Lama, many people have established a connection with Kalachakra, but almost no one actually practices its profound methods as part of a structured path leading to the Vajra Yogas of the Kalachakra completion stage. To ripen these seeds and inspire people into action, Rinpoché is emphasising the need for his students to develop clarity regarding the meaning of the various aspects of the Kalachakra empowerments. With the help of specially designed materials, Rinpoché uses a variety of skilful means in order to bestow the empowerments in a condensed format that clearly highlights its structure and communicates its purpose.
- Make the complete Kalachakra Path accessible: Rinpoché has worked tirelessly for thirteen years to produce a wide range of written materials to help international students access the Kalachakra teachings in a structured and methodical way. Through his step-by-step guidance, students will be introduced to a cohesive system of practice which integrates the full range of the Buddha’s teachings within the pervasive view of the Kalachakra Tantra. For the first time ever, this incredibly profound and complete path is being presented for a modern audience in an ever expanding selection of languages.
- Build a global network of Kalachakra practitioners: With our world presently filled with so much uncertainty and conflict, it is up to each individual to take responsibility for sowing the seeds of peace and harmony in their lives. As long as we remain isolated, our influence will be minimal. For this reason, Rinpoché is travelling around the world to create and reinforce connections between different communities of Kalachakra practitioners so that they will form a global network capable of realising the Golden Age of Shambhala in this world.
While specific dates are still being finalised, the tentative schedule for 2017 is as follows:
- January — Bodhgaya, India
- February — Singapore
- March — Hong Kong
- April-May — Australia
- June — Canada
- July — Puerto Rico, Mexico
- August — United States
- September-October — Europe
- November — Taiwan
If you would like to invite Rinpoché to visit your city or centre during this tour, please contact [email protected] to discuss your ideas.
For further updates regarding event information please refer to our website at: http://rimebuddhism.com/khentrul-rinpoche/schedule/