- This event has passed.
December 2, 2017 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
One event on November 4, 2017 at 7:30pm
One event on December 2, 2017 at 7:30pm
Shambhala is the perfection of peace and harmony and the source of the Kalachakra teachings. Through a beautiful practice written by our spiritual director Khentrul Rinpoché, we will meditate on the very essence of love and compassion as a method for strengthening our karmic connection with this extraordinary realm of experience. The session will consist of:
1) Contemplating the Four Convictions of Renunciation
2) Generating Refuge in the Three Jewels
3) Cultivating Conventional Bodhicitta with Tonglen Meditation (Taking and Giving)
4) Meditating on Ultimate Bodhicitta by reciting the Kalachakra Mantra
5) Visualising the Sublime Realm of Shambhala and cultivating our aspiration to be born there.
As an introductory practice, this session is open to everyone regardless of previous experience or understanding.