- This event has passed.
Calm Abiding Meditation Retreat
January 25 @ 5:00 pm - January 28 @ 3:00 pmAU$360
This retreat will focus on the practice of Shamatha (also known as Calm Abiding meditation), which is used to stabilise the mind and heighten the quality of attention. Whether you are new to meditation or a seasoned veteran, you will have ample opportunity for both self-guided and group meditation, allowing you to develop the confidence and inspiration you need to apply these techniques in your daily-life.
The retreat will be lead by Joe Flumerfelt, one of Khentrul Rinpoché’s senior students and instructor at the Tibetan Buddhist Rimé Institute. With more than a year’s worth of retreat experience, he will be introducing a variety of meditation techniques, guiding the group sessions and answering any questions that may arise.
|9:00 AM||Group Practice Session|
|10:30 AM||Self-Guided Practice*|
|1:00 PM||Self-Guided Practice*|
|8:00 PM||Question & Answer Session|
* Self-Guided Practice is a space for you to meditate at your own pace. You may choose to meditate in your room, in the garden or in the meditation hall. You are free to use this time in whatever way you feel will be most beneficial.
NOTE: In order to help participants establish a conducive environment for meditation, portions of the retreat will be held in silence. More information about the benefits of keeping silence will be discussed during the retreat orientation.
Maitripa Centre hosts courses and conferences on interfaith, meditation, yoga, martial arts, philosophy, the arts and the helping professions. Surrounded by hundreds of acres of State and National forest, Maitripa Centre’s 53 acres of forest and well established gardens are an ideal place to visit for retreats, workshops and conferences.
Each participant on this retreat will have a private room allowing them to meditate in isolation when desired. Group sessions will be held in the meditation hall and meals will be served in the dining hall.
|Payment #1 (50%)||AU$180||Paid at registration|
|Payment #2 (50%)||AU$180||Paid at Check-in|
Methods of Payment
You can make payments for this tour via any of the following methods:
- Money Order: Please make payable to Tibetan Buddhist Rime Institute (can be posted to: 1584 Burwood Highway, Belgrave 3160 Victoria, Australia.)
- Direct Debit: Tibetan Buddhist rime Institute Inc. Bank: ANZ. BSB: 013-479
Account: 4944-47223 (Please include your surname as a reference)
- Make the first payment of AU$180 using one of the methods described above.
- Fill out the following registration form making sure to include the reference information for your payment.
- Once we have confirmed the payment, we will contact you via email to confirm your registration.