Buddhism for Beginners and Meditation Retreat
April 25 - April 28
A Path for Peace and Purpose
Daily life for many people can feel like being trapped in an endless cycle of work and commitment leading to the overwhelming feeling of fatigue, burn out, emotional chaos and elaborate methods of escapism.
There are many ways we can improve our lives and learn to develop greater peace, harmony and balance; Buddhism is one such path. This retreat will offer those interested in exploring Buddhism time to find out a little more, along with an excuse to step away from the fast pace of life for a much needed break. This retreat will give you the time to relax, restore and rebalance through meditation while you enjoy the tranquillity and stunning natural beauty of the Maitripa centre in Healesville.
This retreat will focus on the practice of Shamatha (also known as Calm Abiding meditation), which is used to stabilise the mind and heighten the quality of attention. Whether you are new to meditation and Buddhism or an experienced meditator, you will have ample opportunity to develop the confidence and inspiration you need to apply these techniques in your daily-life.
The retreat will be lead by senior students of Khentrul Rinpoché from the Tibetan Buddhist Rimé Institute.
Introduction to Buddhism
Working with destructive mind states
The below offers a general Retreat Timetable, a more detailed schedule to follow:
Maitripa Centre is surrounded by State and National forest and sits on 53 acres of its own forest and well established gardens making it an ideal place to visit for retreats, workshops and conferences.
Each participant on this retreat will have a private room allowing them to meditate in isolation when desired. Group sessions will be held in the meditation hall and meals will be served in the dining hall.
|Payment #1 (50%)||AU$180||Paid at registration|
|Payment #2 (50%)||AU$180||Paid at Check-in|
Methods of Payment
You can make payments via any of the following methods:
- Money Order: Please make payable to Tibetan Buddhist Rime Institute (can be posted to: 1584 Burwood Highway, Belgrave 3160 Victoria, Australia.)
- Direct Debit: Tibetan Buddhist rime Institute Inc. Bank: ANZ. BSB: 013-479
Account: 4944-47223 (Please include your surname as a reference)
- Make the first payment of AU$180 using one of the methods described above.
- Fill out the following registration form making sure to include the reference information for your payment.
- Once we have confirmed the payment, we will contact you via email to confirm your registration.
Additional information – Coming soon
- Event details – Buddhism for Beginners and Meditation Retreat
- Event schedule – Buddhism for Beginners Retreat Schedule
Reading materials of interest
Unveiling Your Sacred Truth Through the Kalachakra Path, Book 1: The External Reality
Books will be available for purchase during the event